If you'd like to keep your audience up to date at all times, use the live data updates feature in Prezi Design. You can connect to a Google Drive document, a JSON feed URL, or an online database (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server) to ensure that your charts and maps always display the latest information.
Paid feature: Connecting to Google Drive documents and JSON feeds is possible for users with a Plus or higher Prezi plan, while the option to connect to online databases is available for users with a Premium Prezi plan. Luckily it's a breeze to upgrade your license and get access to this and all the other great features our Prezi plans have to offer.
Connecting to an external data source
- Once you've created a chart or added a map to your project, double-click on it to open the datasheet.
- Connect to one of the available options by selecting it on top of the datasheet:
- Add Google Drive document. This option will let you connect to a Google spreadsheet and source your data from there. After connecting, all changes made in the Google Drive document will appear in your project.
- Add JSON feed. Select this option to enter the URL of the JSON feed you'd like to source your data from. Make sure the data are in proper JSON format; here's an example.
- Connect to an online database. Click on the database icon and choose between MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server. After picking a database, fill out the pop-up form to make the connection work.
Read more on each connection type in these articles: