Use Prezi Design to create animated GIFs and MP4 videos that you can share with your social media audience. Add your visuals, liven them up with some animations, then go ahead and download your content.
Choosing a project type
First, think about where you'll be sharing your GIF or video. Every social media site has its preferred dimensions for content, so make sure your project matches them. You can use one of the available templates or start from scratch.
Picking a template
- In the Prezi Design template library, use the panel on the left of the page to switch between categories. For example, select Social media posts and browse the available options (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and others).
- To preview a template, click on its thumbnail.
- If you'd like to use a template for your project, select Use this template from the preview.
Starting from scratch
There are two ways to start working on a blank canvas:
- Pick the category you'd like to use in the template library, then select the blank project thumbnail.
- In the template library, select Create custom size in the left-side panel. Then, enter your preferred project width and height in pixels or select an option from the Size dropdown and select Create design.
Adding and editing content
Whether you want to add some graphics to your project or visualize data using Prezi Design's charts and maps, everything can be added from the toolbar on the left of the editor.
- Hover over one of the icons in the left-side toolbar (e.g., Add text) and click on it to see the available options.
- To add an item to the canvas, hover over its thumbnail and click Insert or drag and drop it onto the canvas.
- You can then move and resize the object on the canvas.
- To customize the items you've added to the project, select them on the canvas and use the options available in the right-side settings panel.
Adding animations to your content
To make your GIF or video more engaging, add animations to the items on the canvas.
- Select the item you want to animate.
- Select Add animation in the settings panel on the right.
- Pick one of the animations—there are entrance and exit animations, as well as attention seekers. You'll get a preview when hovering over them.
- Add some additional tweaks to the animation: set the duration, delay, and distance, and select how the animation will be played.
To learn more about adding animations to your project, read the article about using animations in Prezi Design.
Downloading your GIF or MP4 video
Once you're done working on your content, it's time to download and share it with others.
- Click the Download button in the top right corner of the editor.
- Select the GIF or MP4 option at the top of the page.
- Adjust the settings of your download in the right-side panel.
- While adjusting your GIF or MP4 video, you can have a preview of the result at any time by selecting Preview.
- Once you're all set, select Download.
Learn more about downloading GIFs and MP4 videos in the articles on downloading your Prezi Design projects as GIFs and downloading your Prezi Design projects as MP4 videos.