With flowcharts, you can visualize processes and workflows, create step-by-step guides, present algorithms and do a lot more. Prezi Design makes it easy to create flowcharts and customize them to your specific needs. Follow the steps below and start creating your own unique visuals.
Adding a flowchart to your project
You can build flowcharts completely from scratch, but you might also want to start with a premade element to speed up your work:
- In the Prezi Design editor, select Add element in the left-side toolbar.
- Select Flowcharts to see the available options.
- To add one to your project, click on the flowchart's thumbnail or drag and drop it right onto the canvas.
You can access individual shapes by selecting Add shape in the left-side toolbar.
Customizing the flowchart
Editing individual items
All objects added to the canvas can be edited in the right-side settings panel. Select an item on the canvas by clicking on it, then make the adjustments in the settings panel.
Changing the palette of the entire project
In addition to editing individual items, you can also change the look of the entire project in one go:
- Click outside of the canvas, and select the Palette & branding thumbnail in the settings panel.
- Select one of the palette thumbnails to change the colors and fonts of the entire project.
Expanding the flowchart
Copying the shapes
You can easily grow your flowchart by copying the shapes. To copy a shape, select it on the canvas and use Cmd+C (Mac) or Ctrl+C (Windows), then paste it with Cmd+V (Mac) or Ctrl+V (Windows).
You can also copy a shape by holding Option (Mac) or Alt (Windows) on the keyboard and dragging it to a new location.
Connecting the shapes
To connect shapes, select one, hover over one of its sides, and click and drag the connector point to another shape. Now, when moving the shapes, the connection will stay intact.
Adding animations to the flowchart
This is optional, but if you plan to share your flowchart online or download it as a GIF or MP4 file, you might want to add some animations to highlight specific parts of the flowchart.
- Select the object you want to animate by clicking on it.
- Then, choose Add animation in the right-side settings panel.
- Pick one of the animations by clicking on its thumbnail. You'll get a preview when hovering over the thumbnails.
- You can then adjust the animation's duration, add a delay, and set the distance for some of the entrance and exit animations.
- From the Play: dropdown, select how the animation will play out: once when visible, always, on scroll into view, or on click.
To learn more about adding animations to your content, read the article on using animations in Prezi Design.
Downloading and sharing your flowchart
Downloading the flowchart
- Select the Download option in the top-right corner of the editor.
- Pick one of the available download options at the top. Use PNG, JPG, or PDF for static downloads, or select GIF or MP4 if you want to display some animations.
- Adjust the download settings on the right of the page.
- Select Download to save the flowchart to your computer.
Sharing the flowchart online
- Select Share in the top-right corner of the editor.
- If you're a paid subscriber, you can keep your project private and share it with a private link, otherwise, the project will be public, and you can share it with a public link.
Embedding your flowchart
- Go to the project's view page by following the private or public link.
- Under your project, select the Embed option.
- Copy the embed code and paste it on your website. All of the interactive elements will also be active in the embed.
To learn more about adding and editing content in Prezi Design, have a look at the articles of the Create and edit section of the knowledge base.