Guess what? Video conferencing and online learning just got more interesting! You’ve already used Zoom for remote meetings, but now you can connect it directly to Prezi Video and share your content, ideas, and yourself, all together on the same screen, making virtual meetings, trainings and classes more interesting.
Preparing for live streaming with Zoom and the Prezi Video desktop app
1. Start the Prezi Video desktop app.
2. In the Prezi Video desktop app, there are multiple different ways to stream your content. You can either:
- Import a PowerPoint file and convert it into a video for streaming
- Import a Prezi presentation and convert it into a video for streaming
- Use a previously recorded Prezi Video or a video draft
- Or create a video from scratch within the desktop app
To access the content (template + text and visuals added) of your previously recorded videos, open your Prezi Video online dashboard. Click the dropdown in a thumbnail preview and select Video conferencing. This will open the video directly in the Prezi Video desktop app.
If you previously saved a draft project in the desktop app before recording your video, you can open it from the right sidebar when opening the Prezi Video desktop app.
Starting or joining a meeting from the Prezi Video app
1. In order to start or join a meeting directly from the Prezi Video app, you need to sign in to your Zoom account (or click Continue as Guest if you don't have an account yet). First, click the Video Conference button and select Zoom from the popup window.
2. Provide your login details directly from this window or click Sign in via Zoom to be redirected to the Zoom website, where you can log in using SSO or your Google and Facebook account.
3. After logging in and authorizing the connection, you'll be redirected to the Prezi Video app. You can either start a new meeting here or join an existing one by providing its link or meeting ID and the password if necessary. You can also sign out from your Zoom account here in case you need to use a different one or you don't want your account to be connected to Prezi Video.
4. Once you join your meeting, you'll see both you and your content in your Zoom feed. Return to the Prezi Video app to navigate through your content while presenting. When you are done with the meeting and presenting your video, just click Exit Video Conference in the bottom left corner.
Please know that this will also end the Zoom meeting (for other participants too if you are the host). If you want to stop sharing your content without ending the meeting, simply switch to 'Camera only' view in the bottom left corner and only close the Prezi Video app when you're ready to leave the meeting as well.
Streaming from Prezi Video during a Zoom meeting
1. If you're already in a Zoom meeting but would like to stream your Prezi Video content while video conferencing, you can do so from the Prezi Video desktop app. In your Zoom meeting, click the arrow next to the Stop Video icon in the bottom toolbar and select "Prezi Video Virtual Camera" from the camera list.
Once you select “Prezi Virtual Camera” you’ll see the camera in Zoom update to show the same view as in Prezi Video. This means you’re connected and you can navigate through your content using the arrow controls in Prezi Video.
Return to the Prezi Video app to navigate through your content while presenting. When you are done with presenting your video, just go back to the camera settings in Zoom and switch back to the default webcam to stop streaming from the Prezi Video app.
Installing and uninstalling the Prezi Video add-on in Zoom
Logging in to your Zoom account via the Prezi Video desktop application will automatically install the Prezi Video add-on to your Zoom account (the add-on currently cannot be installed directly from the App Marketplace).
To uninstall the add-on, please go to your Installed Apps and uninstall the Prezi Video add-on manually.
Want to learn more about Prezi Video and its features? Check out our dedicated Knowledge Base!