When it comes to using colors in charts, try to keep it simple—efficient use of colors can enhance the way your charts and graphs communicate data. Try to use a few simple contrasting colors that are both pleasing to the eye and easy to differentiate from each other at a glance. Use the same colors throughout your presentation and use brand colors when applicable.
Changing the colors of a chart
- Click on a chart to select it, then expand the Color tab in the settings panel on the right.
- Disable the Use one color option to choose a color for each entry. Click on the color boxes, then pick one of the palette colors, use the color picker or enter a hex color code.
To change the colors used in the legend and axes of the chart, expand the Fonts tab in the right-side settings panel and click on the color box.
Adjusting the colors of individual tabs
If you're visualizing data in several tabs, you can customize each tab individually.
- Click on a chart to select it, then expand the Settings dropdown by clicking on Global at the top of the right-side settings panel.
- Select the tab you wish to customize.
- Expand the Color tab and change the colors. This will only alter the colors in the tab selected.
If you want to reset the colors of an individual tab and return to global settings, click Reset all to global settings at the bottom of the settings panel when you're editing a specific tab.
To learn more about chart customization, head over to the article on customizing your chart in Prezi Design.