Static visualizations don’t have the power to entice and interact with people the way moving stories do. These days, we gravitate towards interactive content that responds to our gestures and indulges our curiosity. That’s why Prezi Design offers powerful features designed to help you build unforgettable stories, read on to see how to animate your content.
Adding animations to your content
You can have objects appear however you’d like as viewers scroll through your infographics and reports. Set your animations to zoom, fade, bounce, flip, and slide effortlessly into your design, grabbing the attention of your viewers and keeping them engaged.
- Select the object you want to animate by clicking on it.
- Click Add animation in the right-side settings panel.
- Scroll through all of the available animations. When hovering over an animation, a preview will appear on the canvas. To use an animation, click on it.
- After selecting an animation, you can adjust it to your needs:
- Set the duration of the animation. This specifies how long the animation will play.
- Add a delay to the animation. Choose when you want the animation to play.
- Specify the distance of the animation. If it's an entrance or exit animation, you can set the distance the animated object will cover.
Choosing when to play the animation
After you've selected an animation you'd like to use, there are four different ways how to play it. Click on the dropdown next to Play and select one of the options:
- Once when visible: the object will be animated when loaded onto the page.
- Always: the animation will play in a loop. This is most suitable for attention-seeking animations.
- On scroll into view: the animated object will play according to the scrolling motion of the user. It's better to use this option for designs with taller canvas, like infographics.
- On click: you can set the animations to play when you click on the canvas. This option is most suitable for cases when you're presenting something and want to control the animations.
You can view the changes that you've introduced by clicking on Preview. If you want to change the animation selected, you can do so by clicking Change. To delete the animation, click on Remove. If you're using a lot of animations, you can access and edit all of them in one place under the Animation overview tab.