Have you spotted a trend worth visualizing? Do you want to present your data in an engaging yet straightforward way? We've got you covered! With the bar chart race, you can quickly create a visualization that is sure to catch the attention of your viewers.
Creating a bar chart race
- Click on the Add chart button in the left-side toolbar and find the Race bar. Add it to your project by clicking on it or by dragging and dropping it onto the canvas.
- Then, populate the chart with data. Double click on the chart or open the Edit data tab in the right-side settings panel to access the datasheet. Add the data you want to visualize by copy-pasting them in the datasheet or by using one of the available data import options.
Customizing the bar chart race
After adding data to the chart, go ahead and customize it. Head over to the settings panel and expand the Chart properties tab. You'll find the usual options of showing values and enabling data download, as well as some additional features.
- With Show data label enabled, the chart will showcase the entries from the first row of the datasheet in the bottom right corner.
- If you enable Show Highest / Lowest control, your audience will be able to select whether they want the highest or lowest values to appear on top while the bars are racing. You can also name the two labels how you prefer.
- You can set Default sorting for the bar chart race. Select whether you want the highest or lowest values to appear on top by default.
- There is also an option to Limit data sets. Select how many of them you'd like to be displayed in the chart.
- Last but not least, set the Animation duration per data set(s). You can select between 0.1 and 2 seconds—the higher the time interval chosen, the slower the bars will race.
If you'd like to learn more about Prezi Design's charts and their customization options, have a look at the articles within the Charts and maps section of our knowledge base.