When doing a live session via Facebook, displaying your content right next to you while you talk can help convey your message and make a lasting impact. Luckily, you can easily use the Prezi Video desktop application to do just that in a few simple steps and make live streaming on social media easy, fun, and memorable.
Preparations for live streaming in the Prezi Video desktop app
1. Install and start the Prezi Video desktop app.
2. In the Prezi Video desktop app, there are multiple ways to stream your content. You can either:
- Import and convert a PowerPoint file
- Import and convert a Prezi presentation
- Use a previously recorded Prezi Video or draft video
- Or create a video from scratch
To access the content (template + text and visuals added) of your previously recorded videos, open your Prezi Video online dashboard. Click the dropdown in a thumbnail preview and select Video conferencing. This will open the video directly in the Prezi Video desktop app.
If you previously saved a draft project in the desktop app before recording your video, you can open it from the right sidebar in the Prezi Video desktop app.
3. Once your video is ready, click “Video Conference” at the bottom of your screen to establish the connection.
Going live on Facebook
You can easily connect the Prezi Video desktop app with Facebook when you want to go live in your own feed or via a page/group. Go to https://www.facebook.com/live/create, then click Create Live Stream.
1. Click Create Live Stream.
2. Choose where you want to post your live broadcast and who will be able to see it in the left sidebar.
3. Click Use camera and select Prezi Video virtual camera from the dropdown list. Once you select “Prezi Virtual Camera” you’ll see the camera in Facebook update to show the same view as in Prezi Video. This means you’re connected and you can start presenting by navigating through your content using the arrow controls in the Prezi Video app.
4. Write a description and title for your live stream.
6. Click Go Live Now. If you want to schedule your broadcast for later, click Schedule a Live Video.
7. Once your live stream starts, return to the Prezi Video app to navigate through your content while presenting. When you are done with presenting your video, switch to 'Presenter only' view if you want to finish off live streaming without your content on the screen and go back to Facebook to end your session.
Want to learn more about Prezi Video and its features? Check out our dedicated Knowledge Base!