When doing a live session via Facebook, displaying your content right next to you while you talk can help convey your message and make a lasting impact. Luckily, you can easily use the Prezi Video desktop application to do just that in a few simple steps and make live streaming on social media easy, fun, and memorable.
Preparations for live streaming in the Prezi Video desktop app
1. Install and start the Prezi Video desktop app.
2. In the Prezi Video desktop app, there are multiple different ways to present your content. You can either:
- Import a PowerPoint file and convert it for presenting live in a video call
- Import a Google Slides presentation and convert it for presenting live in a video call
- Import a Prezi presentation and convert it for presenting live in a video call
- Use a previously recorded Prezi Video or a video draft
- Or create a video from scratch
To access the content (template + text and visuals added) of your previously recorded videos online, open your Prezi Video online dashboard. Click the dropdown in a thumbnail preview and select Video conferencing. This will open the video directly in the Prezi Video desktop app.
If you previously saved a draft project in the desktop app before recording your video, you can open it by clicking File ＞Open in the top toolbar.
Going live on Facebook
You can easily connect the Prezi Video desktop app with Facebook when you want to go live in your own feed or via a page/group. Go to https://www.facebook.com/live/create, then click Create Live Stream or select Live video at the top of your news feed.
2. Choose where you want to post your live broadcast and who will be able to see it in the Settings sidebar.
3. Click Use camera and select Prezi Camera from the dropdown list under Setup. Once you select “Prezi Camera” you’ll see the camera in Facebook update to show the same view as in Prezi Video. This means you’re connected and you can start presenting by navigating through your content.
4. Write a description and title for your live stream.
5. Click Go Live Now. If you want to schedule your broadcast for later, click Schedule a Live Video.
6. Once your live stream starts, return to the Prezi Video app. Before presenting, you can also hide the main panel of the application here:
This way, you don’t need to have both Prezi Video and Zoom open next to each other. You’ll still see the upcoming slides and the navigation arrows in the side panel. Your presenter notes will appear along the top, if you have any.
To navigate through your content, select the left and right arrows on your keyboard, in the side panel or click directly on anything you want to zoom to.
Depending on what you want your audience to focus on, use the toggle to either show or hide your content. When you’re showing your content, you can either make it appear right next to you or show it in full screen.
When you are done with presenting your video, switch to 'Presenter only' view if you want to finish off live streaming without your content on the screen and go back to Facebook to end your session.
Want to learn more about Prezi Video and its features? Check out our dedicated Knowledge Base!