Are you working on a design and would like to get some input from your colleagues? Add collaborators who can then edit and share the design, depending on the rights you give them.
To collaborate on a design, its owner must first give editing rights to users. Please note that collaborators need a Prezi account to be able to edit a design.
- From the Prezi Design dashboard, click (Settings) on the thumbnail of the design you wish to collaborate on. Select the option to Add collaborators.
- Type in the name or email address of the user you wish to collaborate with.
- On the right of the textbox, select the rights of the collaborator. There are two options: Can edit and Can present.
- Click Add when you're done. An email notification will then be sent to the email address you've indicated, and the design will appear in the dashboard of your collaborator.
It's also possible to add collaborators while working in the editor. Click (Add Team members) at the top right corner of the editor, and follow the same steps as described above.
Adding the whole team as collaborators
If you're part of a Prezi team, you can add all members of the team as collaborators. From the collaborator dialogue box, toggle on the option for Anyone on the team to be able to access your design, and select the rights for your team members. The design will then appear on the dashboard of all team members.
After a while, you might want to remove collaborators and work on the design on your own. You can also change a collaborator's rights from being able to edit the design to only having the option to present it.
- From the Prezi Design dashboard, click (Settings) on the thumbnail of your design. Select the option to Add collaborators. If you're in the editor, click (Add Team members) at the top right corner.
- A pop-up window with the list of current collaborators will appear on your screen.
- Open the drop-down on the right of the user’s name.
- Choose the rights you want to provide for the design or select Remove collaborator to remove the user completely.
- When finished, click Done.
Real-time collaborative editing
Every collaborator can edit a design at their own time, but it's also possible for up to 10 people to work on a design simultaneously. You can see the collaborators working on the design at the top right corner of the editor. When a user selects an object on the canvas, it will be highlighted with his or her name.
If you'd like to learn more about the many ways you can use Prezi Design, check out other tutorial articles available in our knowledge base.