Video conferencing and online meetings just got more interesting! You’ve already used Skype for communicating with your colleagues, students, or friends but now you can connect it directly to Prezi Video and share your content, ideas, and yourself, all together on the same screen to make remote work more effective.
Preparing for live streaming with Skype and the Prezi Video desktop app
1. Start the Prezi Video desktop app.
2. In the Prezi Video desktop app, there are multiple different ways to present your content. You can either:
- Import a PowerPoint file and convert it for presenting live in a video call
- Import a Google Slides presentation and convert it for presenting live in a video call
- Import a Prezi presentation and convert it for presenting live in a video call
- Use a previously recorded Prezi Video or a video draft
- Or create a video from scratch
To access the content (template + text and visuals added) of your previously recorded videos online, open your Prezi Video online dashboard. Click the dropdown in a thumbnail preview and select Video conferencing. This will open the video directly in the Prezi Video desktop app.
If you previously saved a draft project in the desktop app before recording your video, you can open it by clicking File ＞Open in the top toolbar.
Live streaming and video conferencing in Skype
1. Log in to the Skype desktop app and start your call.
2. Click the arrow next to the camera name in the bottom left corner and select "Prezi Camera" from the dropdown list. Once you do, you’ll see the camera in Skype update to show the same view as in Prezi Video.
3. Select Start call.
4. Return to the Prezi Video app to navigate through your content while presenting. Before presenting, you can also hide the main panel of the application here:
This way, you don’t need to have both Prezi Video and Skype open next to each other. You’ll still see the upcoming slides and the navigation arrows in the side panel. Your presenter notes will appear along the top, if you have any.
To navigate through your content, select the left and right arrows on your keyboard, in the side panel or click directly on anything you want to zoom to.
Depending on what you want your audience to focus on, use the toggle to either show or hide your content. When you’re showing your content, you can either make it appear right next to you or show it in full screen.
When you are done with presenting your video, just go back to the camera settings in the Skype app and switch back to the default webcam to stop streaming from the Prezi Video app.