Guess what? Video conferencing and online meetings just got more interesting! You’ve already used Skype for communicating with your colleagues, students, or friends but now you can connect it directly to Prezi Video and share your content, ideas, and yourself, all together on the same screen to make remote work more effective.
Preparations for live streaming in the Prezi Video desktop app
1. Install and start the Prezi Video desktop app.
2. In the Prezi Video desktop app, there are multiple ways to stream your content. You can either:
- Import and convert a PowerPoint file
- Import and convert a Prezi presentation
- Use a previously recorded Prezi Video or draft video
- Or create a video from scratch
To access the content (template + text and visuals added) of your previously recorded videos, open your Prezi Video online dashboard. Click the dropdown in a thumbnail preview and select Video conferencing. This will open the video directly in the Prezi Video desktop app.
If you previously saved a draft project in the desktop app before recording your video, you can open it from the right sidebar in the Prezi Video desktop app.
3. Once your video is ready, click “Video Conference” at the bottom of your screen to establish the connection.
Live streaming and video conferencing in Skype
1. Log in to the Skype desktop app and click Meet Now.
2. After naming your meeting and inviting participants, click Start Meeting.
3. Click More in the bottom right corner of the window to access Audio and video settings.
4. Select "Prezi Video Virtual Camera" from the dropdown list. Once you do, you’ll see the camera in Skype update to show the same view as in Prezi Video.
5. Return to the Prezi Video app to navigate through your content while presenting. When you are done with presenting your video, just go back to the camera settings in the Skype app and switch back to the default webcam to stop streaming from the Prezi Video app.
1. Go to www.skype.com and click Create a free meeting.
2. After naming your meeting, start the video call either by signing in to your Skype account or continuing as a guest.
3. After enabling your camera and microphone, choose "Prezi Video Virtual Camera" from the camera list under the video window. Once you do, you’ll see the camera in Skype update to show the same view as in Prezi Video.
4. Start your call and return to the Prezi Video app to navigate through your content while presenting. When you are done with presenting your video, just go back to the camera settings in Skype and switch back to the default webcam to stop streaming from the Prezi Video app.
Want to learn more about Prezi Video and its features? Check out our dedicated Knowledge Base!