Want to make your video even more moving? You can add mp4 files to your video or import your Prezi presentations with locally uploaded video files and convert them in the Prezi Video desktop app to go live or record yourself and your content on the screen. Add your short clips and make them an integral part of the interactive experience that is Prezi Video!
Adding a video in the online editor
1. Go to your Prezi Video dashboard and select Quick Record.
2. Once your camera is enabled, you can add your content from the sidebar.
3. Click Upload and select an mp4 file from your computer or click the three dots next to the Upload button and add your file from Google Drive, OneDrive or Dropbox. You can also drag and drop your file into the editor.
4. Depending on the file size, it might take a few moments for the video to load but once it does, you'll see it appear on your slide.
Adding a video in the Prezi Video desktop app
1. Open the Prezi Video Desktop app and select Create New Video.
2. To add a video file, go to Choose in the sidebar and select an mp4 file from your computer or drag and drop it on the video window.
3. Depending on the file size, it might take a few moments for the video to load but once it does, you'll see it appear on your slide.
Importing from Prezi Present
To play a video in Prezi Video when coverting a Prezi Present presentation, you'll need to add it to a presentation you've created in Prezi Present.
1. Navigate to the place in your presentation where you’d like to add the video.
2. Click the Insert button at the top of your screen, then select Video.
3. In the sidebar, you can either:
- Add a video from your own library
- Upload a file from your computer by clicking Upload video
- Click the arrow next to the button to select a file from Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive
4. After the file uploads, you can move, resize, and rotate the video as needed.
Make sure the file's extension is ".mp4" before uploading it and we recommend adding video files that are no more than 50 MB in size to avoid a possible decrease in performance.
Since your face should also be visible alongside your content, you might need to rearrange objects on your canvas so nothing covers you when you import your presentation to record a video.
1. Click Create Video in the top toolbar.
2. Use the Adjust content button in the sidebar to automatically shift the layout of the presentation to the right or drag and drop to manually move objects.
You can still add, delete or modify your content the same way as if you were editing any Prezi presentation and can also freeze or turn off the camera anytime. You can decide to either make a copy of the presentation with the adjusted layout or update the one you are editing.
3. When the presentation is ready, save it and open the Prezi Video desktop application.
Importing the presentation in Prezi Video
1. With the Prezi Video app open, choose Import from Prezi.
2. Select the presentation you would like to convert and click Import selected.
This will import all the content in your presentation and remove the background image so you can be seen in the background.
Playing a clip while recording or live streaming
1. When you're ready, start recording or live streaming.
2. Once you get to the slide including the video file, simply click the Play button in the bottom left corner to start the video while you're still visible on the screen.
3. Click in the video window to play it in full-screen or the right arrow (as the video itself is an individual slide). After you finished playing the video, simply click the arrow to move forward to the next slide. You can also pause or mute the video any time and go to the next slide.
Want to learn more about Prezi Video and its features? Check out our dedicated Knowledge Base!