In this article, you can find the most common reasons leading to a declined payment and the steps you can take to make a successful purchase.
What to check
If you are getting any error during sign up or if you received an email from us notifying that your subscription payment has been unsuccessful at the end of the trial period, here are a few things to check:
- Recheck the card details: Enter a valid card number, expiry date, and CVV code. Please enter a 4 digit CVV code for American Express cards(on front panel), and a 3 digit code for other card types.
- Input Valid VAT number: If you are opting for VAT, please check if the VAT number is valid.
- Check for sufficient funds: Make sure you have sufficient funds. If you’re using a prepaid card, you might need to top it up or release charges.
- Enable for International transactions: Check if your card is enabled for foreign, secure online, and recurring purchases. You can contact your bank or credit company to verify.
- Contact your bank to make sure that the transaction is authorized/not marked as suspicious.
Recurring Subscription Renewal Errors
If your subscription is ‘Active’ at the end of the trial period or subscription term, we renew it automatically to ensure you do not have any interruptions and attempt charging the card on file with us.
In case you received an email notifying that your subscription renewal has been unsuccessful, it could be due to following reasons:
- Your card-issuing bank has blocked recurring charges on your card or has marked it as unauthorized payment and you may need to reach out to them to unblock.
- Your card's transaction limit has exceeded.
- It could be a temporary rejection due to connectivity issues.
- You used a prepaid card during card verification/trial sign-up and the bank declined recurring charges.
What we recommend doing
- Payment attempts are most commonly blocked by the bank. Please try reaching out to your bank to get more information and authorize the charge.
- Try setting up a different payment method, a different credit / debit card or your PayPal account.
- It might be a temporary rejection by the bank, and we would make another attempt to charge the card.
If payment for your subscription fails for any reason, you won't immediately lose your paid features. We try charging your card on file for a few times within a 10-day window, before finally cancelling the subscription. Please lookout for the transaction error/success emails triggered by us.
Canceling your subscription
If you wish to cancel your subscription to prevent any further charges, please learn how to do so here.