If you have an iPhone or an iPad and a Mac computer, you can use Continuity Camera to easily create and transfer images and visuals directly to the Prezi Video desktop application and add them to your video in the making. This means that you can add photos you took with your phone, documents you scanned or drawings you sketched in only a few steps. Here's our guide on how to connect your devices to use Continuity Camera for adding visuals to your videos.
Connecting your devices
Continuity Camera only works when your devices are near each other. In addition, make sure that:
- Your Mac and iOS devices both have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
- Your Mac and iOS device are signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID using the two-factor authentication.
Creating a visual on your iOS device and adding it in Prezi Video
1. Open the Prezi Video desktop app and choose Create New Video or open a previously saved draft from the right sidebar.
2. Go to Content at the bottom toolbar and right-click in the video window or select Edit > Insert from iPhone/iPad from the top toolbar.
3. To add a photo, select Take Photo from the dropdown menu. Your iPhone or iPad will automatically open the camera. Tap the button to take a photo, then tap Use Photo. You will see the image appear in Prezi Video.
4. To add a scanned document to your video, select Scan Documents from the dropdown menu. Place your document in view of the camera on your iPhone or iPad, then wait for the scan to finish. If you need to manually capture a scan, tap the take picture button or one of the Volume buttons, drag the corners to adjust the scan to fit the page, then tap Keep Scan. You will see the scan appear in Prezi Video.
5. To add a drawing, select Add Sketch from the dropdown menu. Then, create your visual on your iOS device and when it's ready, tap Done at the top toolbar. You will see the drawing appear in Prezi Video in transparent PNG format.
Want to learn more about the Prezi Video desktop application? Check out this article!