Infographics are visual representations of information, data, and knowledge. They usually consist of graphics, images, and concise text elements and are intended to present information quickly and clearly. With the help of infographics, you can turn data-saturated spreadsheets and indistinct reports into engaging and thought-provoking visuals.
Watch the video tutorial to see a 5-step guide for creating an infographic with Prezi Design, and get more detailed information in the description below.
With Prezi Design, you can create:
- Timeline infographics that allow you to visualize changes over time in chronological order;
- Statistical infographics which are great for visualizing data with the help of graphics and charts;
- Geographic infographics that include maps and are great for visualizing geographic data;
- Comparison infographics that are perfect for comparing two different subjects;
- Hierarchical infographics for showing hierarchies;
- List infographics that are more on the text-heavy side and let you create lists on specific topics; and many more!
Step 1: Pick a template
Prezi Design has more than 60 infographic templates tailored for various use cases. Have a look at what's available and pick one.
- At the top of the Prezi Design dashboard, click on Start from template or on the Infographics shortcut.
- In the template library, click on the infographic thumbnails to get a preview. Scroll up and down to get a full view.
- Once you've found the template you'd like to use, select Use this template to open the editor.
Step 2: Add and edit your content
Once you're in the editor, it's time to customize and repurpose the infographic to your liking. You can introduce new text objects, charts, maps, images, icons, GIFs, shapes, and a lot more. Here are a few pointers:
- Use the toolbar on the left of the editor to add new objects to the canvas. Select one of the categories, then simply drag and drop an item onto the canvas. Learn more in the article on adding, moving, and layering objects in Prezi Design.
- To resize the objects on the canvas, hover over one of the sides or corners of an object, then click and drag your mouse pointer.
- To add your own text to a text box, double-click on one and start typing. Check out the articles on adding text in Prezi Design and editing text in Prezi Design to find out more.
- Use guides and gridlines to structure and organize your content. A well-structured infographic will be easier for the viewers to comprehend.
To get a more in-depth look into all of the content creation and editing possibilities in Prezi Design, browse the articles of the Create and edit section of the knowledge base.
Step 3: Visualize your data
Data visualizations are integral to infographics as they help convey concise stories and let the readers easily understand datasets of various sizes. If you have some indicators you'd like to visualize, you're in the right place.
- If the template you've picked already has a chart or a map that you'd like to use, simply double-click on it to open the spreadsheet where you can add your own indicators. To learn more about adding data, check out the articles on adding data to a chart in Prezi Design and editing map data in Prezi Design.
- To add a new chart or map to the canvas, select Add chart or Add map in the left-side toolbar, find the one that suits you best, then drag and drop it onto the canvas. Learn more in the articles on adding a chart in Prezi Design and adding a map in Prezi Design.
- There are tons of ways for you to customize the charts and maps—from colors and fonts to chart axes and map icons. After selecting your chart/map, all of the editing options will be available in the settings panel on the right. Find out more in the articles about customizing your chart in Prezi Design and customizing your map in Prezi Design.
To get a deeper understanding of all of the data visualization features Prezi Design has to offer, have a look at the articles in the Data visualization section of the knowledge base.
Step 4: Add the finishing touches
Once you've added and edited your content, it's time to add some final touches to your project before sharing it with the world.
- To make your infographic more engaging, we suggest adding some animations to your content. That way, you can make your project more lively and grab the attention of your audience.
- If you'd like to make some last-minute color and font changes, you can change your infographic's entire color palette with a simple click.
- When sharing your infographic online, you can add links to all of the objects on the canvas. For example, add some URL links to provide additional insights or generate leads.
Step 5: Download and/or share your infographic
You're almost done—let's download the infographic or share it online.
- To download your infographic, click the Download button in the top right corner of the editor and select one of the available options. You can download static PNG, JPG, and PDF files, as well as MP4 video files.
- You can also share your content via a link and manage the privacy settings of your content. Keep it public and let anyone find it via search engines or make it private and share it with a select few.
- If you have a website, you can embed your infographic with all of its interactive features intact.
Read more on downloading and sharing your Prezi Design content in the Present and share section of our knowledge base.