Make your Prezi Design content come alive by using it in Prezi Video. Create a Prezi Design project, customize it to your liking, then jump into Prezi Video with the content already intact and hit record. Follow the steps below to get started.
If you'd like to learn how to use Prezi Design content for live calls, read the article on going live with your Prezi Design content in a video conference.
Creating content in Prezi Design
- Once you log in to your Prezi account, select Prezi Design on the left of the dashboard.
- Click Start from template at the top of the dashboard or click on one of the project shortcuts.
- In the template library, click on templates to have a preview and open the editor by selecting Use this template. You can always start from scratch by selecting a blank canvas.
- In the editor, add objects to the canvas from the toolbar on the left and customize them in the right-side settings panel. Check out the articles of the Create and edit section to learn more about creating content in Prezi Design.
Getting your Prezi Design content into Prezi Video
- From the Prezi Design editor, click Record video in the top right corner. If you're in the Prezi Design dashboard, click on the three-dot icon () of a project and select Record video.
- Choose whether you want your content to have a transparent or solid background and click Record video.
- If you haven't already, enable your camera. Your Prezi Design content will appear next to you on the screen.
Recording and saving your video
If you're creating your first video, you'll most likely need to enable your camera. Learn how in the article on enabling your camera and troubleshooting in Prezi Video.
Before you start recording, you can add presenter notes at the top of the screen. With them, you can keep reminders on specific topics that you'd like to highlight in your video—you'll be the only one who sees them.
Once you've got your content and your notes ready, it's time to record your video. Hit the red button at the bottom of the screen to start. Here are a few pointers:
- Use the three icons in the bottom left corner to switch between different views—only you on the screen, you and your content on the screen, or only your content. You can also use the '1', '2', and '3' keys on your keyboard to switch accordingly.
- The arrows in the bottom right corner let you navigate to the next/previous page of your content.
- If you'd like to, you can pause your recording anytime. Click the Pause button at the bottom of the screen, and once you're ready to resume—click the same button again.
- Once you're done, click the Done recording button in the bottom right corner. You'll then be able to watch your entire video.
- If there's something you'd like to cut from the start or end of your video, you can trim it by selecting Trim in the bottom right corner.
- After you've applied the finishing touches to your video, click Save video. Give your video a title and a description, set the video's privacy settings, or download your video as an MP4 file by clicking Download.
To learn more about creating online videos, check out the article on how to create a video when using Prezi Video online. You'll find a lot of useful information on video creation and recording in the Prezi Video section of our knowledge base.
If you're looking to create a video from a presentation you've created in Prezi Present, read the article on creating a video from your presentation to learn more.