Adding a background image is a great way to set the look and feel of your presentation. Used strategically with the structure of your topics, you can create an effective and memorable masterpiece that’s sure to win over your audience.
You can add or change an image to the background using the “Background” sidebar. From here, you can also change your background color.
Adding and changing a background image
1. Click the Style button at the top of your screen.
2. Click the three dots (...) next to Background to open the sidebar. You can also click directly on the Background thumbnail to automatically refresh the background image.
3. From the "Background" sidebar, you can:
- Click Upload image to add an image saved on your computer.
- Search the Unsplash image library by keyword. Once you find the image you want to use, click on the thumbnail or drag+drop it onto your canvas.*
*Paid feature: Access to the searchable Prezi icon and image library is available for users with a Standard or higher Prezi plan. Luckily it’s a breeze to upgrade your license and get access to this and all the other great features our Prezi plans have to offer.
If you want to fit the image to your overview, click the Frame icon at the bottom of your screen. To bring back the original background image that came with the template, simply click Revert to original. To remove the background image completely, click the Trash icon.
Looking to change the background color? Check out this article.
Using the context menu
You can edit your background using the context menu. This menu changes depending on what you right-click or CTRL/CMD+click on. This menu will quickly become your friend, especially if you want to make quick edits.
On the overview
Right-click on the overview and select “Background” to open the sidebar.
Supported background image files
Prezi Present supports JPG, PNG, and non-animated GIF files for background images. You can see a full list of our system requirements here.
Please keep in mind that Prezi presentations have a 16:9 aspect ratio so remember to use an image with these dimensions if you want your background image to fully fit the overview (e.g. 1600x900, 2000x1125, 2400x1350 etc.)