Images enhance your audience’s experience and help them recall your words. They also help your viewers focus on you rather than reading text.
You can add images to a topic, subtopic, or directly to the presentation canvas. To learn how to make an image or icon as your topic cover, click here.
To add an image to your presentation
1. Go to the area where you’d like to add the image.
2. Click the "Image..." icon or go to Insert > Image… from the top menu.
3. Find the image you’d like to add and click Open.
You’ll see your image appear as it loads in the background. You can then move it, resize it, and rotate it.
Adding a background image
1. Click the Background & Theme button in the context toolbar, or go to View > Show Background & Theme, to get the pop-out sidebar.
2. Click Upload background image.
3. Select the image you’d like to upload and click Open. The image will appear in the background and will automatically be resized to fit your presentation.
4. You can also click Fit background to overview for the best fit or change the background color.
You can also edit your background using the context menu. Right-click or CMD/CTRL+click on the overview to add or change your background image. This will open the “Background & Theme” sidebar and allow you to edit your background.
Click the image and drag it anywhere on the canvas. After you’ve moved it to where you would like it to be, release the mouse.
To change an image’s size, click on its box to select it, and then drag a corner to enlarge or reduce it.
Click on the image to select it. Then hold down the ALTGr key (right ALT+CTRL) in Windows, or CMD for Mac, and drag one of the corners of the box up or down to turn it.
To remove an image or clip art from your canvas, click on it and press the DELETE/BACKSPACE key on your keyboard. You can also right-click (CMD/CTRL+click) and select Delete from the context menu.
Tip: If you accidentally delete an object, just press CTRL/CMD+Z to undo the action.
Replacing an image
Right-click or CMD/CTRL+click on an image and select Replace image... from the context menu. The new image you upload will keep the same dimensions and position as the original.
If you have overlapping images, you can control which image appears in front by using the context menu.
Right-click (CMD/CTRL+click) on an image and select Bring to front or Send to back to move images forwards or back.
Copying and pasting
You can copy and paste images from one presentation to another or within the same presentation:
- To copy, select an image and press CTRL/CMD+C or right-click on the image and select Copy. It will add the image to your clipboard.
- To paste, hold down CMD/CTRL+V or right-click on the area where you want to place the image and select Paste.
Selecting multiple images
You can select multiple items by holding the SHIFT key and clicking each image or object. You can also hold the SHIFT key and drag your cursor around the objects. You'll see a blue box appear around the selected objects. You can then move, rotate, copy, or add an animation to them as a group.
Using an image as your topic cover
You can easily make an image, icon, or other object as the topic cover by making the background transparent.
- Add an image, icon, or other object to your topic cover using the steps above.
- Click to select a topic, then click the “Fill color” icon in the context toolbar.
- Adjust the opacity to make the background transparent.
Supported image files
Prezi Next supports JPGs, PNGs, PDFs, and non-animated GIFs.