Want to break free from boring presentations? Just upload your PowerPoint slides and convert them into a dynamic Prezi presentation with a few simple clicks. All you need is a .ppt (or .pptx) file and a Prezi account to start turning your old linear slide deck into a dynamic moving story.
First, create a new presentation by clicking Convert PowerPoint on your dashboard.
Uploading and converting a PowerPoint file
1. The template will open with the POWERPOINT sidebar already displayed. If you need to open it again, click the Insert button at the top of your screen, then select the PowerPoint icon.
2. Click Upload a file in the popup window, then select a .ppt or .pptx file from your computer.
3. Once uploaded, you will see your slides appear in the sidebar.
Adding slides (topics and subtopics)
Once your slide deck uploads, select one or more slides and drag+drop them onto your canvas. When adding slides to your presentation, Prezi automatically converts them into a topic and subtopic structure.
- Adding one slide will create a topic on your overview.
- If you select multiple slides, the first slide will become a topic that contains subtopics for each additional slide.
- You can also add one or more slides directly into an existing topic to create subtopics within it.
Customizing the look and feel
After adding your slides, you can easily change the shape of your topics (and subtopics) and their layout on your canvas.
1. Click the Style button at the top of your screen.
2. Click the three dots (...) next to Shape & Layout to open the sidebar. You can also click directly on the thumbnail to automatically refresh the shape type.
3. From the sidebar, click to select a layout or shape. You will see it update on your canvas.
Moving and deleting slides (topics and subtopics)
Since your slides become Prezi topics and subtopics once added to your presentation, you can move, resize, and rotate them as needed.
Click on a topic or subtopic and drag it anywhere on your canvas. After you’ve moved it to where you would like it to be, release the mouse.
To adjust the size, click on a topic or subtopic to select it and drag a corner to make it larger or smaller.
Click on a topic or subtopic to select it. Then hold down the ALTGr key (CTRL+right ALT) in Windows, or CMD for Mac, and drag one of the corners of the box up or down to turn it.
Click on a topic or subtopic and press BACKSPACE/DELETE on your keyboard, or right-click (CTRL/CMD+click) and select “delete” from the context menu.