Visual cues can really help with conveying your message, especially when talking to someone via camera. Prezi Video allows you to share your content, ideas, and yourself, together on the same screen. What's better? Now you can easily connect the Prezi Video desktop app with Google Hangouts to stream your video in any remote meeting or online class.
Live streaming with Google Hangouts and the Prezi Video desktop app
1. Start the Prezi Video desktop app and open Google Hangouts/Google Meet from your browser.
2. In the Prezi Video desktop app, there are multiple ways to stream your content. You can either:
- Import and convert a PowerPoint file
- Import and convert a Prezi presentation
- Use a previously recorded Prezi Video or draft video
- Or create a video from scratch
To access the content (template + text and visuals added) of your previously recorded videos, open your Prezi Video online dashboard. Click the dropdown in a thumbnail preview and select Video conferencing. This will open the video directly in the Prezi Video desktop app.
If you previously saved a draft project in the desktop app before recording your video, you can open it from the right sidebar in the Prezi Video desktop app.
3. Once your video is ready, click “Video Conference” at the bottom of your screen to establish the connection. You can choose from multiple video conferencing tools to connect to.
4. In Google Hangouts/Google Meet, start your meeting. Then, click the three dots at the bottom right corner of the video window, open Settings, click in the Video tab and select "Prezi Video Virtual Camera" from the camera list.
Once you select “Prezi Virtual Camera” you’ll see the camera in Google Hangouts/Google Meet update to show the same view as in Prezi Video. This means you’re connected and you can start presenting by navigating through your content using the arrow controls.
Return to the Prezi Video app to navigate through your content while presenting. When you are done with presenting your video, just go back to the camera settings in Hangouts and switch back to the default webcam to stop streaming from the Prezi Video app.
Want to learn more about Prezi Video and its features? Check out our dedicated Knowledge Base!