By default, every new map added to your design is an area map (regions represented with a color variation). However, you can switch to an icon map (where points on the map are designated with icons or symbols) anytime.
Switching to an Icon map
- Click on the map to select it.
- Go to the settings panel on the right and click on the Map Properties tab.
- Select Icon map under Map type.
Displaying locations on the map
- After you've selected the Icon map head over to the map's datasheet—either double-click on the map or expand the Edit data tab.
- To display a specific location, type it in the first column of the datasheet (English title). You can add names of cities, addresses, postal codes, landmarks, and other places. It's also possible to copy-paste coordinates in the fourth column.
- For the location to appear on the map, or to change the size of the icon (depending on the map style), add a value to it in the second column (Value).
Changing the icon
- In the Map properties tab in the right-side settings panel, scroll down to the Select icon field.
- Click Change to see the available icons.
- Use the search bar to look for a specific icon, then click on it to select it. You will see the new icon appear on your map.
To find out how to add data to your maps, head over to the article on editing map data in Prezi Design. If you'd like to learn more about map customization, read the article on customizing your map in Prezi Design.