After adding a map to the canvas and populating it with your data, it's time to make use of the many customization options that Prezi Design's maps have to offer. You can choose between different map types and styles, customize the colors and fonts, edit the legend and tooltips, and do much more.
Available customization options
After selecting a map, all of its settings can be found in the panel on the right of the editor. Here are the available options:
- Map properties. Expand this tab to switch between map types and styles, use the auto-zoom option, add labels to the map, enable a tile layer, and add some additional tweaks.
- Color. Here, you can edit the colors of your map. The tab will adjust to the map style you've selected.
- Value. Select this tab to adjust the map's value range, alter the spectrum of a heatmap, or change the icon size if you're using an icon map.
- Fonts. Under this tab, you'll be able to change and customize the fonts of your map.
- Legend. Go here to enable a legend and adjust its positioning.
- Tooltips. When shared online, the maps will be more interactive with tooltips. Go here to enable them.
- Data format. Here, you can add prefixes and suffixes to your indicators, change the numeric format, and access some other data formatting options.
- Accessibility. This allows you to make your data visualization accessible to everyone. Check out the article on creating accessible content in Prezi Design to learn more.
To learn more about the different ways you can edit and customize your maps, browse the articles available in the Data visualization section of our knowledge base.