Visual cues come handy when you want to convey a message via camera. With Prezi Video, you can have you and your content together on the same screen while streaming. Now you can easily connect the Prezi Video desktop app with OBS to give live streaming a new lease of life and make virtual meetings or online learning more exciting.
Live streaming with OBS and the Prezi Video desktop app
1. Start the Prezi Video desktop app and open OBS.
2. In the Prezi Video desktop app, there are multiple ways to stream your content. You can either:
- Import and convert a PowerPoint file
- Import and convert a Prezi presentation
- Use a previously recorded Prezi Video or draft video
- Or create a video from scratch
To access your previously recorded videos, open your Prezi Video online dashboard. Click the dropdown in a thumbnail preview and select Video conferencing. This will open the video directly in the Prezi Video desktop app.
If you previously saved a draft project in the desktop app before recording your video, you can open it from the right sidebar in the Prezi Video desktop app.
3. Once your video is ready, click “Video Conference” at the bottom of your screen to establish the connection. You can click on multiple video conferencing tools to get specific instructions.
4. Open OBS. Add a new source at the bottom and choose Video Capture Device. From the dropdown menu, choose "Prezi Virtual Camera" and click OK.
Once you select “Prezi Virtual Camera” you’ll see the camera in OBS update to show the same view as in Prezi Video. This means you’re connected and you can start presenting by navigating through your content using the arrow controls. You can also manually resize the video window to fit the streaming feed.
Return to the Prezi Video app to navigate through your content while presenting. When you are done with presenting your video, just go back to OBS and remove the video source or switch to a different one.
Want to learn more about Prezi Video and its features? Check out our dedicated Knowledge Base!