Guess what? Video conferencing and online meetings just got more interesting! You’ve already used Slack for communicating with your colleagues, but now you can connect it directly to Prezi Video and share your content, ideas, and yourself, all together on the same screen to make remote work more effective.
Preparing for live streaming with Slack and the Prezi Video desktop app
1. Start the Prezi Video desktop app.
2. In the Prezi Video desktop app, there are multiple different ways to present your content. You can either:
- Import a PowerPoint file and convert it for presenting live in a video call
- Import a Google Slides presentation and convert it for presenting live in a video call
- Import a Prezi presentation and convert it for presenting live in a video call
- Use a previously recorded Prezi Video or a video draft
- Or create a video from scratch
To access the content (template + text and visuals added) of your previously recorded videos online, open your Prezi Video online dashboard. Click the dropdown in a thumbnail preview and select Video conferencing. This will open the video directly in the Prezi Video desktop app.
If you previously saved a draft project in the desktop app before recording your video, you can open it by clicking File ＞Open in the top toolbar.
Presenting in a video call
1. When you're done preparing your content, simply start your video call.
2. Then, go to the cogwheel icon in the top left corner and select “Prezi Camera” from the camera list.
Once you select “Prezi Camera” you’ll see the camera in your Slack video call update to show the same view as in Prezi Video. This means you’re connected and you can navigate through your content using the arrow controls in Prezi Video.
3. Return to the Prezi Video app to navigate through your content while presenting. Before presenting, you can also hide the main panel of the application here:
This way, you don’t need to have both Prezi Video and Slack open next to each other. You’ll still see the upcoming slides and the navigation arrows in the side panel. Your presenter notes will appear along the top, if you have any.
To navigate through your content, select the left and right arrows on your keyboard, in the side panel or click directly on anything you want to zoom to.
Depending on what you want your audience to focus on, use the toggle to either show or hide your content. When you’re showing your content, you can either make it appear right next to you or show it in full screen.
4. When you are done with presenting your video, just close Prezi Video or go back to the camera settings in your Slack call and switch back to the default webcam to stop streaming from the Prezi Video app.