Live streaming is a great way to share thoughts and ideas and displaying your content right next to you while you talk can help convey your message and make a lasting impact. Luckily, you can easily use the Prezi Video desktop application to do just that in a few simple steps and make live streaming on YouTube easy, fun, and memorable.
Preparations for live streaming in the Prezi Video desktop app
1. Install and start the Prezi Video desktop app.
2. In the Prezi Video desktop app, there are multiple ways to stream your content. You can either:
- Import and convert a PowerPoint file
- Import and convert a Prezi presentation
- Use a previously recorded Prezi Video or draft video
- Or create a video from scratch
To access your previously recorded videos, open your Prezi Video online dashboard. Click the dropdown in a thumbnail preview and select Video conferencing. This will open the video directly in the Prezi Video desktop app.
If you previously saved a draft project in the desktop app before recording your video, you can open it from the right sidebar in the Prezi Video desktop app.
3. Once your video is ready, click “Video Conference” at the bottom of your screen to establish the connection.
Going live on YouTube
1. Log in to your YouTube account, click the Create icon in the top right corner and choose Go Live.
2. Allow YouTube to access your microphone and camera, give a title to your live stream and schedule your session.
3. Click More settings and select "Prezi Video Virtual Camera" from the camera dropdown list. Once you select “Prezi Virtual Camera” you’ll see the camera in YouTube update to show the same view as in Prezi Video.
4. When you're done preparing your video, click the blue Next button, and you are ready to go live.
5. Once your live stream starts, return to the Prezi Video app to navigate through your content while presenting. When you are done with presenting your video, switch to 'Presenter only' view if you want to finish off live streaming without your content on the screen and go back to YouTube to end your session.
Want to learn more about Prezi Video and its features? Check out our dedicated Knowledge Base!