Visual cues come handy when you want to convey a message via camera. With Prezi Video, you can have you and your content together on the same screen while streaming. Now you can easily connect the Prezi Video desktop app with Ecamm Live to give live streaming a new lease of life and make virtual meetings or online learning more exciting.
Preparing for live streaming with Ecamm Live and the Prezi Video desktop app
1. Start the Prezi Video desktop app.
2. In the Prezi Video desktop app, there are multiple different ways to present your content. You can either:
- Import a PowerPoint file and convert it for presenting live in a video call
- Import a Google Slides presentation and convert it for presenting live in a video call
- Import a Prezi presentation and convert it for presenting live in a video call
- Use a previously recorded Prezi Video or a video draft
- Or create a video from scratch
To access the content (template + text and visuals added) of your previously recorded videos online, open your Prezi Video online dashboard. Click the dropdown in a thumbnail preview and select Video conferencing. This will open the video directly in the Prezi Video desktop app.
If you previously saved a draft project in the desktop app before recording your video, you can open it by clicking File ＞Open in the top toolbar.
Presenting your content in a live stream
1. When you're done preparing your content, simply go to the camera settings of Ecamm to connect it with the Prezi Video app.
2. Open Ecamm Live. Select Prezi Camera as a default scene. You can now select a destination and start streaming.
Once you select “Prezi Camera” you’ll see the camera in Ecamm Live update to show the same view as in Prezi Video. This means you’re connected and you can start presenting by navigating through your content.
3. Return to the Prezi Video app to navigate through your content. Before presenting, you can also hide the main panel of the application here:
This way, you don’t need to have both Prezi Video and Ecamm Live open next to each other. You’ll still see the upcoming slides and the navigation arrows in the side panel. Your presenter notes will appear along the top, if you have any.
To navigate through your content, select the left and right arrows on your keyboard, in the side panel or click directly on anything you want to zoom to.
Depending on what you want your audience to focus on, use the toggle to either show or hide your content. When you’re showing your content, you can either make it appear right next to you or show it in full screen.
4. When you are done with presenting your video, just go back to Ecamm Live and switch back to your default camera as a default scene.
Want to learn more about Prezi Video and its features? Check out our dedicated Knowledge Base!