Guess what? Video conferencing and online learning just got more interesting! You’ve already used Webex for remote meetings, but now you can connect it directly to Prezi Video and share your content, ideas, and yourself, all together on the same screen.
Live streaming with Webex and the Prezi Video desktop app
1. Start the Prezi Video desktop app and open the Webex desktop or web app.
2. In the Prezi Video desktop app, there are multiple different ways to stream your content. You can either:
- Import a PowerPoint file and convert it into a video for streaming
- Import a Prezi presentation and convert it into a video for streaming
- Use a previously recorded Prezi Video or a video draft
- Or create a video from scratch within the desktop app
To access the content (template + text and visuals added) of your previously recorded videos, open your Prezi Video online dashboard. Click the dropdown in a thumbnail preview and select Video conferencing. This will open the video directly in the Prezi Video desktop app.
If you previously saved a draft project in the desktop app before recording your video, you can open it from the right sidebar when opening the Prezi Video desktop app.
3. In the Webex desktop or web app, start your meeting. Then, click the three dots at the bottom, got to the Camera settings and select “Prezi Virtual Camera” from the camera list.
4. Return to the Prezi Video desktop app and select Video Conferencing. The camera in Webex will update to show the same view as in Prezi Video. This means you’re connected and you can start navigating through your content using the arrow controls in Prezi Video.
When you are done with presenting your video, just go back to the camera settings in Webex and switch back to the default webcam to stop streaming from the Prezi Video app.