Guess what? Video conferencing and online learning just got more interesting! You’ve already used Webex for remote meetings, but now you can connect it directly to Prezi Video and share your content, ideas, and yourself, all together on the same screen.
Live streaming with Webex and the Prezi Video desktop app
1. Start the Prezi Video desktop app and open the Webex desktop or web app.
2. In the Prezi Video desktop app, there are multiple different ways to stream your content. You can either:
- Import a PowerPoint file and convert it into a video for streaming
- Import a Prezi presentation and convert it into a video for streaming
- Use a previously recorded Prezi Video or a video draft
- Or create a video from scratch within the desktop app
To access your previously recorded videos, open your Prezi Video online dashboard. Click the dropdown in a thumbnail preview and select Video conferencing. This will open the video directly in the Prezi Video desktop app.
If you previously saved a draft project in the desktop app before recording your video, you can open it from the right sidebar when opening the Prezi Video desktop app.
3. Once your video is ready, click “Video Conference” at the bottom of your screen to establish the connection. You can choose from multiple video conferencing tools to connect to.
4. In the Webex desktop or web app, start your meeting. Then, click the three dots at the bottom, got to the Camera settings and select “Prezi Virtual Camera” from the camera list.
Once you select “Prezi Virtual Camera” you’ll see the camera in Webex update to show the same view as in Prezi Video. This means you’re connected and you can lead your webinar by navigating through your content using the arrow controls in Prezi Video.
Return to the Prezi Video app to navigate through your content while presenting. When you are done with presenting your video, just go back to the camera settings in Webex and switch back to the default webcam to stop streaming from the Prezi Video app.